View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #419
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stino View Post
Wow! This font hack even works on the new Kindle Paperwhite with firmware 5.3.0.
1.) just plug in the Kindle to your OS
2.) copy an empty file with name USE_ALT_FONTS to root directory of kindle (internally the root device is /mnt/us/)
3.) create an folder "fonts" (/mnt/us/fonts)
4.) copy your fonts to this folder (4 files for each font: Fontname-Regular.ttf, Fontname-Italic.ttf, Fontname-Bold.ttf and Fontname-BoldItalic.ttf)
5.) restart your Kindle and from now on you will see in the "Aa" menu of the standard reader app your own fonts as well

P.S. My Paperwhite is already jailbroken and so I don't know if the jailbreak is necessary for the font hack or not.
Thanks! I managed to get the font hack to work, through some trial and error.

So now I'm a bit confused about the actual steps that work, and hope to clarify. Is it still necessary to use fonthack-1.3.2.zip? I ask because when I copied it into my paperwhite--twice--there was no option to update the kindle. But after doing the steps above, I was able to get new fonts.

Thanks in advance.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote