View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #22
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
From what I understand of how ADE works, Kobo is telling the truth. They do not actually have the Adobe DRM'ed files on their servers. I think it is disingenuous to claim they do not care; this is a situation where their options are severely limited.
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my contribution... the CS I contacted stopped any further efforts to assist me after she discovered that I was able to download the book into the kobo desktop app. This was after I had already told her it was an ADE download issue NOT a kepub download issue. I never stated that Kobo was not telling the truth about the ADE issue needing to be fixed by the publisher, merely that as far as they are concerned, their kepub works, the customer has a way to access THAT file and so the problem (as far as they are concerned) is solved.

It is reasonable to expect that if they are going to offer the option that they should ensure it works. As of today, the link is still broken on the book I purchased and they are still selling it with the link indicating that the download is possible. Maybe they could disable the link so the book buying public will know that the option is not currently available. Caveat emptor.
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote