Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #10061
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Assuming that all the alternatives will kill you in question 1, I think that the answer is 'a'.

I think, with my admittedly dodgy knowledge of probability, that the probabilities are;

a) 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x1/2 x 1/2 = 1/32
b) 1/6 x 1/6 = 1/36
c) 1/6 x 1/6 = 1/36 (I'm worried that this is the same as the previous one, but that's my reckoning)
d) 4/52 x 3/51 = 12/2652 = 221/1

I have no doubt this will prove to be wrong, but at least I tried.

And, Orlok, having worked this out, if this is a trick question and one of those alternatives won't kill you, then, Coventry's not that far away, that's all I'm saying.
You got the last one wrong (see above).

And help yourself to Coventry. I don't live there .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote