View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #17
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
Must not be a very good clip on light. Mine hasn't finished a set of batteries yet and is probably up to at least 20hrs of use on the two lithium button batteries in it. Built in light would be extremely nice, but I can't justify spending $140 on a new ereader simply to get one with a built in light. If mine died tomorrow and crazily wasn't under warranty suddenly, I'd deffinitely get one. That or if I can talk my wife in to inheriting my current one and actually using an ereader (she uses her ipad, and that took about 9 months of pulling teeth to get her to do that. Only willing to because of a large number of free books she can read by swithing to ebooks).
I use a Mighty Flex with AAA batteries, not button, so I can use rechargeable.
That way I am saving a lot.

Having said that, I do own a Nook Simple Touch and I love it. For some things. If they could develop a better SW (infamous collections handlings) I would really ok. I am not so sure that just the addition of a internal lighting system is a fundamental step ahead, I thinks it looks a very small thing.
Unless there is something else (CPU, memory etc.)
I want to wait and see it before giving the last judgement. I only hope it shall be firmware compatible with the actual NST.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote