View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #48
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me tim View Post
Really? Do you want to see bookstores close? I don't know if I've ever walked into a bookstore and thought "Man, I can't wait to see this place gone."
For myself, almost all the books I read now are ebooks or are bought from Amazon or Ebay (and the rest are used books from the occasional visit to charity stores like Goodwill and Salvation Army.) I don't remember the last time I walked into a physical book store, but it has to be at least 2 or 3 years ago. Even 10 years ago when I was still using a physical book store (Books A Million) it was almost always to buy magazines, as I was already getting my physical books cheaper from Amazon.

So-- for me-- it isn't a matter of wanting book stores to close, but that their continuing presence is no longer important to me one way or the other.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote