Thread: Firmware
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The only problem is a purely cosmetic, and trivially solved, problem with the display of the battery meter - it doesn't reset to "full" following a charge (all you have to do to fix it is momentarily re-connect the wall charger with the Reader turned on). The upgrade offers a number of enhancements, such as longer battery life when playing MP3 files. I see no particular reason not to upgrade - certainly the battery meter thing is a complete "non issue"!
I 100% disagree with this assessment. The battery issue is a COMPLETE issue. The re-connecting of the charger doesn't work at all if, like me, you use a USB cable to charge the device. You have to reset your Reader EVERY time you use the USB charger, by pushing a paper clip or pin into the back of the Reader. I wish I hadn't upgraded my Reader's firmware. I really can't see many people using it as an MP3 player..
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote