View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A very simple example - eBook readers on the iPhone are crippled by the fact that you can't simply copy files to the device. Not permitting remote access to the file system is an excellent example of Apple's "over controlling" approach. You have to jump through hoops of going through web servers, etc, merely to load content onto the device - a thing which should be the most straightforward thing in the world to do.
??

I opend calibre and then opened ny Stanza app and copied 6 epubs over yesterday was very simple and involved no use of web servers etc I can also get my books directly from kindle store, BoB, feedbooks manybooks etc all with a couple of clicks.

in fact its easier on my iPhone than on My sony! I have to actually connect my sony to my Machine to do the same thing.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote