View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #40
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
I got my lighted case today and the descriptions by others above are spot on.

It's very well designed and well made--as is to be expected from a Sony product.

The case is dark blue, the same color as the blue case included with the blue 505. I have both the blue & silver 505's and I prefer this color case to the beige one included with the silver 505. The stitching seems a bit deeper around the outside edge of the case and has a little more expensive look than the included case

It has a glass-like plate (actually plastic) which falls right over the screen, exactly the right size. The plate is ringed with blue LED's and the effect is kinda like the old neon signs. It has 2 settings: brightest and not so bright.

It should be great for someone who reads in bed and doesn't want to disturb their spouse. I don't like the LED effect myself, and prefer the warmer incandescent type of illumination, even though incandescents eat batteries.

Price seems a bit high, but a case alone is $30 and a light $25, so it is about right.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote