View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
I am not developing any app.I DONT EVEN KNOW BASIC CODING.I was just giving an idea to the developers(that is if they are interested in this).I wish i knw how you guys come up with wonderful apps.can someone provide me some documentation on starting programming for kindle.and which linux would be best for that?
Hmm. If you just want to actually ´developer´ some apps yourself.

Any linux more or less (but it´s not required). Big mainstream stuff will give you tidy software managers that make managing the linux environment that bit easier more automated.

It sounds glib but writing a HELLO WORLD program in a few languages is probably the place to start (we don´t all already have a DipAwesome in IT-Ninjary.) if you are using a touch then as suggested above look at the right language for that.

Eclipse provide free software development environments (IDE´s) for most things. you could look there.

Expect to read a lot of docs. I mean a crap load. Buy some books on the subject if you get semi-serious and digest a few in the meantime.

My shelf in front of me contains: MS server guide complete works, Effective C#, professional c# projects, The Audio Programming Book, Several imposing CCNA manuals, Beginning Javascript, a bunch of O´Reilly stuff, blah de blah etc etc.

My point is that whilst I have indeed been employed as a professional developer (though my focus was on musicianship for the last twenty years) much of that bookshelf is about stuff I touched maybe once or twice and the meat and veg stuff like knowing javascript in this day-and-age is a ´given´.

You just have to be prepared to stuff your head with a multitude of things.
If that sounds like it´s for you then I thoroughly recommend it. Highly rewarding when things go right.

: ) Access Granted.

Last edited by twobob; 08-13-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: glib not gilb
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote