View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
back cover of paperback - metadata ?

was proofing an ebook against an old paper back version I'd bought - Queen City Jazz. isbn 0006483178

I see that the back of the paperback has some blurb - like a summary but does not match the summary that metadata search finds. search on above ISBN does not find it , but it is an old version, with a different cover to what Amazon sell as new.

so: general question, is the text you find on a dust jacket or on the back of a paperback considered to be metadata & it is findable - usually ?

& a related question - any existing plans/ requests for calibre to support storing both a front & a back cover. (I see that amazon often offer both front & back cover views via their look inside feature.)

the forum links at foot of page show me an old 2009 thread where someone talks about raising a ticket for this...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59312 ....

Last edited by cybmole; 05-11-2011 at 03:49 PM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote