View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #111
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
One nice thing about the iPhone is that it renders italics and bold properly. I have come from Windows Mobile devices (and MS never really understood typography) where italics tended to be simulated (to save device memory) and generally looked awful. I was very pleased when some italics appeared in the book I was reading and it was "proper" italics.

It is great that eReader, BookShelf and Stanza are all being actively developed for the iPhone. As it stands eReader on the iPhone is already much better than it was on my Windows Mobile platform, it loads much faster, and doesn't crash if the device sleeps when eReader is running. I am very pleased so far...
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote