View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
There was also talk of a nook SDK that never came to light. Combined with Apple paving the way for banning books with the word "fuck", South Park content, magazines that mention competitors, and applications that compete with the stock, I wouldn't recommend buying the Nook Color for its potential.

No, they won't. That's merely wishful thinking.
The statement "I wouldn't recommend buying the Nook Color for its potential." is right on the money. SDK for nook was only mentioned that they'd consider it if enough people wanted it. Enough people did want it and it didnt happen. Nook Color things are a bit more advanced. The developer program is already open (but you can't do anything except siging up). Cancelling it by b&n is of course option.

I do disagree with you on the antitrust thing. If dev program is open to everyone how would b&n explain not letting amazon in other than to unfairly eliminate the competition on otherwise open platform. But that's far fetched speculation. There is no platform yet. There's mention. There's bad past experience with nook and sdk. And definitely paying for future potential of nook color is not a good idea with company that has history of not delivered promises.

But nook "classic" was and still is a great device
spec is offline   Reply With Quote