View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #37
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykrupa
Ashkulz!
I am reporting back with some juicy output from PDFRead!

The output is included in the attached text file.
Okay, got the problem. It seems that it is due to incorrect version of xpdf. I used 3.01, which has the option -pagecrop but which is not present in 3.00 which you have. Thus, the pdftops program printed a help message and did not create a postscript file, and ghostscript died with "Error: /undefinedfilename in (page.eps)". So you have two options:
  • Upgrade to 3.01, which will be a problem as I don't see a binary anywhere;
  • Use the file I have attached which does not use that option.

Note that I am unsure that I will make this fix in the new release, as I do not know what the effect will be if I leave out this option (it treats the CropBox as the page size, removing unnecessary whitespace and/or typesetting). In general, I would recommend updating to a manually-compiled 3.01.

Please let me know if it works, and document the steps you took to achieve it so everyone else who uses OS X can also benefit from it :-)
Attached Files
File Type: txt pdfread_py.txt (16.1 KB, 781 views)
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote