Thread: Manage Title?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Manage Title?

I have two questions with regards to Titles within calibre.
  1. When looking at the book list sorted on titles, the display simply ignores Articles of Speach (A, The, etc) but does not alter how the title is displayed (example: The Fly is sorted as "Fly, The" but displayed as "The Fly". Is there a way to have calibre both sort and display in Library fashion ("Fly, The")? Note that I'm not asking to change calibre's file structure, I'm just looking to get the sorting and display to match.
  2. If this cannot be done, I can use the Tweak for "strict_alphabetic". However I then have to manually resort all of the book titles. Is there an equivalent to a Manage Title function (similar to Manage Authors) which can be used to correct the entire database at once, rather than a per book manual process?
Thanks for considering my question.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote