View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #87
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
Does anyone have any idea about a homemade stylus for the kindle? I would absolutely love to draw using a pen(type thing). I tried paintbrushes but they lacked the point . And dried up felt tip pens dont work either.
The type of stylus needed depends on the touchscreen technology.

For the K5, I used the fat end of a chopstick from a Chinese restaurant. Anything smaller in diameter did not work reliably.

For the PW, you would need a conductive stylus, such as for an ipad or android device. You could probably paint conductive ink onto a chopstick or other non-conductive stylus. You can get conductive ink at an auto parts store, for repairing a damaged defogger/defroster element painted on the inner surface of the rear window. You can also buy a conductive ink pen at Radio Shack or other hobbiest electronics stores.

Beware that a very small container of conductive ink costs significantly more than a cheap conductive stylus, but it would give you the personal satisfaction of being homemade, as you requested.

EDIT: You can get a conductive stylus on ebay for about $4USD (including shipping). It looks fat enough to work with a K5 as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Condu...item3cb735fbb7

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-24-2012 at 11:45 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote