Thread: Silliness Retirement?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I just turned 55. In 10 years, I go on Medicare. In 12, I semi-retire and in 15, I'm done working. Ghod, I feel old!

My question is: What the fark do retired people do?

Besides sit in the kitchen and watch the Weather Channel?
Silly boy. Do you really think thats what we do? Maybe at first, when we're trying to figure out whats next. Then.........health permitting............

We volunteer..........myself.......at my teacher/daughters school, both at her room an my granddaughters. Others pick the local hospital, or pet shelters or whereever, and let me tell you, they are Godsends.

Some of us are lucky enough to live close to the kids/grandkids and again, are Godsends.....we send them home when we've had enough!

If we're fortunate enough, we travel.....if not, we just thank the Gods we have enough to eat and pay the bills.

We enjoy the lack of pressure to get up every morning and HAVE to be somewhere.

We've raised our kids, done our duty, and now its time for us......some of us aren't quite sure what that means, (me!) but its just another adventure in the road of life.

I stopped watching the weather channel when we moved from north Arkansas.....I know what the weather will be like here..........frickin' HOT in the summer, and lovely in the winter/early spring/late fall.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote