View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
I fly to Pattaya about three times per year. Last September was the last trip I made without an e-book reader. I took about 6 real books, read them, and bought several more in the mediocre Pattaya bookstores. I abandoned them all in the hotel room when I left, to save on weight. I figured that little exercise cost me about $200.

On my first trip with a Sony Reader, loaded with about 90 ebooks - I spent nothing on books the whole trip, and always had something of interest to read.

To keep my Sony safe: it's stored in a cake tin in my carry-on bag when I fly, and sealed in a ziploc bag when on the beach.

I'm really proud of the cake tin: cost only $4.95 (including a cake), it's rugged, and large enough to include basic stationery and spectacle case. And when it's closed, it doesn't look like it's worth stealing. (Unless you're a cake thief).
Honestly, I can't think of anyone who would knowingly steal a fruit cake. Most of us in this country use them as door stops and bookends.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote