View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
kaputnik
kaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of lightkaputnik is a glorious beacon of light

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Nice ! Do you have a picture taken in the same place before, to help us see the improvement ?
Sorry, I haven't. It didn't occur to me that I should write something up until after I did the actual mod. Once I get back home next week and get access to my camera I can take better pictures though, it might help you to judge the improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Thank you for such a detailed description of the disassembly. I gather from your description that the bezel and back cover just snap together without glue. Is that correct? Also, while you had it open, did you notice whether the battery can be easily replaced; i.e. would soldering be required, or does it just snap in too? Since putting it back together, is everything as tight as it was before, or is it looser now? Just curious.
Yes, you're mostly correct. They snap together with claws that goes in corresponding recesses. As I mentioned, there is however strips of double sided tape along the long sides of the screen. You can loosen the claws along the sides before you loosen the tape though, there's no need to do them simultaneously. The narrow parts of the bezel is quite flexible.

The battery is connected with cables soldered to the motherboard. It would be an easy soldering job though, as long as you have some very basic knowledge of using a soldering iron, you'll be just fine.

Everything is just as tight as it used to be
kaputnik is offline   Reply With Quote