View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #15
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparke View Post
I'm new to the forum and also looking for something for annotating pdf's - preferably in handwriting with a stylus. Of the mainstream e-readers only the Sony Reader WiFi seems to be able to do this, and I know the Kindle Touch won't do handwritten notes.

I work almost exclusively with text-only pdf's. Should I still get an iPad? I would love to have that E-ink screen...

As to the availability of books, Amazon has a far greater selection of the books I'm interested in, which is certainly a factor although I'm not expecting to find a truly great selection of new philosophy e-books anywhere. Still, Amazon shows greatest promise.

Let's say I prioritize handwritten note-taking capabilities, and, secondly, screen quality (eyestrain). Which is the better choice for working with text-only pdf's?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Hi there - I started out like you, looking for something to work with text-only pdfs. For my purpose, I've had to go for an iPad. I do have a SONY reader but it wasn't providing the functionality I needed for academic work (e.g. reflow messing up the pages, difficult to keep track of page numbers, slow page turn, etc.). I really really wanted e-ink as the point of departure, but I just couldn't find an e-ink device that gave me the functionality I wanted. So now I'm doing my pdf work on an iPad with iAnnotate, and my e-readers are for reading non work related books.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote