View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #36
therealguppy
therealguppy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb9220 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Yep installed bunch of recommended apps.
Still deciding on which launcher and any comparisons threads around? And slowly con-jelling all the different info.

1) Market no longer has Angry Birds? They have Angry Birds Seasons. But can't get orig?
2) Button Savior keeps coming up with enable debugging everytime I run it. I have enabled it it then backs out rerun and get debugg again. If I hit cancel then can get to settings and it is running on the screen. And working.
3) Advanced Task Killer Yes or No? As some say since 2.1 it is not needed and can cause problems?

And wanting to have a calendar,battery percentage,quick on/off wifi & strength with books on home screen. And a launcher bar for custom apps launch.

Any help is appreciated and this forum rocks! for help & info. And am sure I may be bugging you all a bit. Until I become knowledgeable enough to help.

1: The New Update to Angry Birds Requires that it be able to access SMS, since Nook does not have SMS features the Market filters it out. You will need to side load the APK from a different source.

2: Update 1.1 turns off ADB, and you have to Renable it everytime you want to use this, hence why you get that message with Button Savior, As of now i do not know of a fix for this.

3. I use Advanced Task killer all the time on my Nook, and I find it to be a must, it really helps to keep the nook running smoothly.

4. if you want Widgets and everything that you talked about you need to get a Customer launcher, I recommend ZEAM, but any customer launcher will worl.

Also someone else said that Autonooter 3 breaks CWR this is not the case. it is not Autonooter but update 1.1 that breaks CWR you will not beable to install CWR to your nook boot partition on 1.1 you will be forever stuck in CWR if you do this.
Instead you will need to run CWR off a SD card image.
therealguppy is offline   Reply With Quote