View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Steven Brust's Dragaera / Taltos books are quite good --- I'd suggest reading them in publication order. Interestingly they're fantasy w/ a science fiction background story. You'll probably bounce on Teckla, but it's worth reading (once) as a cautionary tale of love having problems.

It's always good to have a good foundation in the classics, so I'd suggest Lord Dunsany for fantasy and Jules Vernes for science fiction (there's a new translation of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea which is fabulous).

L.E. Modesit's _Forever Hero_ Trilogy is a lot of fun, as is Timothy Zahn's _Blackcollar_ for more contemporary science fiction (yes, I'm dating myself).

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote