View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #83
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
I think there will come a time where his lesser works are nearly forgotten and he is considered to be a shining example of late 20th century American literature. Of course, I expect this statement to be scoffed and laughed at, but remember that what we consider to be the best examples of authors of great literature from the past, are also those who were the most popular and widely read: Chaucer, Shakespeare, Dickens, Steinbeck, Hemingway...
I suspect that in 100 years, kids will complain about having to read The Stand the way we complained about Crime and Punishment.

I don't love King's prose all that much, and I haven't read him in ages, but I used to admire his ability to structure a novel and get a story out of it.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote