View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #158
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobo View Post
The problem was, that I could not download any files. Figured out, that it actually did not properly look for the file extensions - patched the version 2.7 to now run smoothly for me.

Additionally I changed the behavior for serving images to write the thumbnails to a cache and serve them directly to the client. (Does speed up load times for me)

If you are interrested in patches , please let me know.
Sure, I will look at patches.

I and others don't have problems downloading books, so I don't know what you mean when you say 'did not properly look at extensions'. I suppose that the patch will tell me.

As for caching thumbnails, I did it and than yanked it out. I found that invalidating the cache (checking mod times on the thumbnail against the cache) cost almost as much as serving the image directly (at least on my servers), and the cache increased both complexity and memory usage. However, it seems to work for you, which is good.
Quote:
Another question: Do you think it easily possible to create an opds catalog in the php script aswell? Would really enhance the experience (maybe for stanza?)
It is certainly possible, but I have no need for it and therefore no interest in doing the work. As itimpi says, you can get most of the benefit of OPDS with calibre2opds. Running it at some frequency would keep the catalog mostly up-to-date.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote