View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newauthor View Post
I seem to be lost guys. I tried the toc button at the bottom of the table of contents tab. Resaved, then ran another epub validation to see what errors I got this time. I received the same ones and I'm lost. Please help!

Here's what threepress said:
epub/toc.ncx(74): assertion failed: different playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that refer to same target

So I went into Sigil, looked at the toc.ncx file and copied the section in question.

69 <navPoint id="navPoint-10" playOrder="10">
<navLabel>
<text>The 5 things to avoid!</text>
</navLabel>
<content src="Text/content0011.xhtml" />
74 </navPoint>

Next I went to the content0011.xhtml to see if something was wrong in the coding there. I couldn't find anything other than this:

<h1 class="center" id="heading_id_10"><span class="bold">The 5 things to avoid!</span></h1>

Other than other help that I've read, is it possible the span tags could be creating the issue? Should I remove them or change them to 'strong'?
I doubt the span tag is causing the problem, although it is unnecessary as H1 is always bold automatically.

What the error is saying is that there are two references in the TOC that point to the same place. It is likely that you have a case problem. Sigil is case sensitive. I suspect you have two references with different capitalization that point to the same place.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote