Thread: Battery life
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutnacker View Post
I had my Kindle fully charged on Thursday. It has been off since. When I turned it on tonight, it had about 1/5 of a charge. Doe this seem odd? Anyone else have this? Should I contact Amazon? It's only five months old and doesn't get heavy use.
In the past, I've turned off my Kindles (DX and 2, both US versions). They could last for months when turned off.
Since I've set the clock correctly, using the USB-Network hack, I put them in standby. Last week I recognised, in standby they ran dry rather quickly, maybe one week when fully charged and not used at all.
So I've decided to turn them off again, although I'm not sure yet, how long the internal clock will remain set correctly.
Anyway: Are you sure, you've turned it off (no screensaver visible)? If so, it should do at least a month. 1/5 in 1 night definitely seems way too much.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote