Thread: Battery life
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie_lu View Post
I don't have the 3G network where I live, so it's using the Edge network instead. So I wonder if the wireless adapter is working harder to find a signal and it is wearing the battery down faster than someone's Kindle that receives the 3G signal.
I suspect that's exactly what's happening. The adapter will be constantly looking for a signal, and will work harder if it can't find one, using more power in the process.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote