Thread: iPad iPad & Comics
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #11
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
I received an iPad yesterday as a gift and the first thing I did was test some manga on it. I used my Canti program to process the manga into pdfs and then loaded them into goodreader. They look really good on the iPad... better than I expected. It really gives my Kindle DX some competition. Page turning and zooming is extremely fast, and goodreader offers great organization features. I still need to go back and compare the screen size of the iPad to the DX, but since the DX wastes some screen realestate in pdf mode I think the iPad is going to be bigger. So far I am pleased with the iPad as a manga device, but I will have to spend more time with it before I come to a final verdict (especially in comparison to the DX).
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote