View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #98
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
James Patrick is walking down the street in Dublin towards the church when a friend of his happens along.

"Is it confession you be going to, James?" asks his friend

"Oh, aye", replies James

"Well", responds his friend, "You'll no doubt be confessing your sins to Father O'Mally, noted disciplinarian! So you best be giving him all the details of all your sinning or there'll be no absolution "

"Aye" says James and into the church he goes.

He walks in and goes directly into the confessional and kneels down.

The little window slides up and none other than Father O'Mally says 'Go ahead son"

"Bless me Father for I have sinned", confesses James, "I made love to a woman, not me wife"

"Oh the shame of it all" scolds O'Mally, "And you a good Irish Catholic lad. What was her name son?"

"Um, her name?" mumbles James, "Um, you need her name"

"Aye lad, was it Maureen O'Reilly?"

"Uh, no Father, it wasn't. I didn't know you'd want a name"

"I do lad after all I am the priest for the whole parish. Was it Particia Flynn?"

"No Father it wasn't. I didn't know you want a name"

"Well son I am the shepherd for the entire flock and need all the details of all eh sinning. Was it Bridie Murphy?"

"No Father it wasn't and, frankly, I'm not prepared to tell you her name"

"Not prepared? Not prepared? Well son, I'm not prepared to forgive your sins. So they'll be no absolution now be off with you"

So, stunned, James walks out of the church and back up the street when his friend sees him again.

"So James, did you go to confession then?"

Oh aye" says James

"And was it Father O'Mally that heard your confession?"

"Aye" answers James

"And did you get absolution?"

"No" answers James, "but I got three new leads!"
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote