View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #35694
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
That is such a nice thing to go to; all these flowers. They had an open-air performance of an orchestra the day I went. Two years ago I bought some lotus-bulbs at the Keukenhof, that were very complicated to plant (in a tub if I remember correctly) and didn't appear at all. I must have done something wrong, so I'll go this year and ask about it.
My sister and I always laugh at how people are so busy taking photos of the flower they fail to enjoy them when they are in the Keukenhof. We take pictures but also take time to enjoy the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm jealous! I remember going to Holland when I was a child, right in the middle of the flower festival season. Huge advertising billboards made completely from flower petals, fields of tulips everywhere I looked, in every color of the rainbow. And the smells... oh, the fragrance of tulips is still one of my favorites, and when I smell them elsewhere, the memory brings me right back to Mrs. Tinghoos's (sp?) Guest House, the place we stayed the first time I visited. God only knows how I can remember her name... You are soooo lucky to live in the area!

Stitchawl
"Area" is relative. It's quite a train and bus trip for me, but probably for American standards it's in the area .

I just saw that they also offer one day photography courses. Not only for the (d)SLR cameras but also for compact cameras and smart phones. That might be fun to treat myself to.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote