View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
The line does not seem at all sharp to me. In fact I look on fantasy and science fiction as repeat months. What difference if it is men, hobbits, elves, orcs, . . . and wizards & spells or men, ewoks, hutts, wookiees, . . . , and jedi & “The Force?” The Cloud Atlas is actually on my to read list and is the one that might actually interest me.
They are different and the line should not be crossed. The Hobbit cannot be nominated for this month because it is fantasy. Cloud Atlas cannot be nominated for this month because it is fantasy. Beggars in Spain cannot be nominated in the fantasy month because it is science fiction.

They are different. They are not the same. Let's not say they are the same when they are not the same. And no, this month and fantasy are not repeat months as the categories are different. There's very little overlap.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote