View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #294
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryT63 View Post
what I'm saying is. unless you are on an extended vacation, how much video do you need to carry, before you go home and sync or download another movie(s) to replace it/them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you use the device primarily for reading, 6GB is certainly ample; it's much more than any of the Kindle readers offer, for example.

It's really just for video that it becomes a little cramped, I think.
I rarely watch or keep video on my tablet, but I still use most of the 32GB SD card, and make sacrifices to keep under that limit. Some of it is reference material in PDF or database form, a decent chunk is comic books, there are a number of system backups and other tools to be used in recovery, a small 4GB sampling of my music collection, and usually just one fiction and maybe two non-fiction audiobooks because there's no space for more. I would love to have the space for a dozen audiobooks / lectures and about twice as many comics, because those are usually spur-of-the-moment decisions and with comics you can work through about as many MB/hr as you do with standard def video.

I don't want to spend a lot of time managing the content on my device, especially not deleting to make room. Also, aside from reading at home which doesn't require a connection, my tablet sees most of its use in off-line environments. I mainly keep a tablet around for the things I can do with it when I DO NOT have internet access.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote