View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
lucasp
lucasp began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was very psyched to get my NC. My wife ordered one from the website and on Christmas, I plugged it in and immediately observed the flicking issue. I waited for it to fully charge, detached it from the wall and once again observed flickering, especially when viewing dark/gray screens.

I tinkered with the brightness, and had the same experience to some degree or another on dark and light screens alike.

I went to the B&N nearby, and the friendly staff quickly exchanged the device. Since I didn't want to have to come back again, I took a seat in the cafe and started charging the new device.

Lo' and behold, this device also had a flicker. It wasn't as terrible as the original, but it was noticeable.

I didn't really have time to keep swapping devices until I found one without a defect, so I returned it for a full refund.

B&N should take particular note of this issue. It is obviously not isolated. I had the same defect in two different devices, one from the website and one in a brick & mortar location.

Last edited by lucasp; 12-27-2010 at 03:59 PM.
lucasp is offline   Reply With Quote