View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
In addition I left old PB903 firmware installed on my device and am able to use normal file manager to access device via ftp cause "getroot" can be installed on old firmware.
So I can easily upload compiled apps to device and try inside real Pocketbook.

It's not perfect - but the best you can get.
kacir recently pointed to a ftp server that runs on the new devices, so it doesn't require root to run it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...92&postcount=2

Personally, I use sshd on the device to accomplish the same thing, which also doesn't require root privileges to run. So, there are other options. Having root access is nice, but the newest firmware has many new features that those old ones don't. With utelnetd to give me a nice shell login, I find that I haven't missed root access since I upgraded the firmware.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote