View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Sorry. The North Slope of Alaska -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_North_Slope

I worked on oil wells there in the winter and spring of '75. It was very dark and cold when I got there, and less dark and less cold when I left.

Unfortunately, these were the days before ereaders -- most of my reading was confined to technical manuals and cereal boxes.
Ah ok. Back in '75 I was breaking in my 1st pair of glasses my parents having found that I suffered from Astigmatism in both eyes. Most of my reading back then consisted of things like Dick and Jane. Days and nights are six months long up there aren't they? Must be some beautiful country up there.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote