View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You have to venture quite a ways down the page, and away from the area he sent you to, before a FAQ item about collections pops up (this is not pertinent to your question.) I guess the problem you and other new folks to the Kindle Fire run into is not knowing that you have purchased an android tablet.

Good Reading.
This is pertinent to my question. The page from the developers website states:

"Amazon have removed the ability to manipulate collections completely in their newer models, like the Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire, making even the above plugin useless. If you really want the ability to manage collections on your Kindle via a USB connection, we encourage you to complain to Amazon about it, or get a reader where this is supported, like the SONY Readers."

Which confuses me even more because it makes me interpret this statement that I can't use my Kindle via a USB to access my Calibre library on any new Kindle. To me collections is a feature of the Kindle that I hardly use, as I call my Calibre my Library. Which is which? Perhaps Calibre has a "Collections" feature, but I don't use it.

This is cryptic to me because Kindle Fire HD was not spelled out as an android on his website, not everyone knows that it is. Also the above mentioned paragraph is very confusing to me. Since Calibre doesn't see my KFHD when USB plugged in, this means to me that Kindle Touch or any new Kindle will be the same, not detected when plugged into USB to Calibre. Yikes!

See why I am confused?

Since I have ordered a Kindle PW and have a Kindle Fire HD, this is an issue for me.

Too much information overload for me.

Last edited by new; 10-24-2012 at 11:42 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote