View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I can see the digital version for travel and the like. We are pretty limited in the number of books we bring for DB on vacations and I get really tired of reading the same 10 board books over and over. And trust me, DB loves re-reading the books. Loves it.

That said, I would not use them at home. At 14 months, DB does not necessarily want all the words read, he likes flipping through the book and just looking at the pictures. He has favorite pages (the Saturday he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one piece of swiss cheese, one sausage, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one cupcake in the Very Hungry Catapillar is his current favorite page) that he wants to flip to and point at things.

I can see a combo of board books and e-books when he is three or so and actually interested in the story. Right now, he has favorite images and pages (Panda Bears are currently in vogue) and he wants to go to those pages fast.

There really is a difference between a 1 year old and a 2 year old and a 3 year old. Every parent knows this but people without kids are not quite as aware.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote