View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvina View Post
Usually children's books are not only sold to people who'd like to give them to kids, but people who'd like to remember their own childhood, too. I think this E-Books are interesting for the second group. Printed books like this are usually given to kids as a present by relatives or by friends of the family, I don't think that this will change.
I know I loved them as a young child. I drove my mother crazy with the books when we'd go to the public library (she had to read them to me and found the words in the rhymes sometimes complex). I never really had a collection of the good Dr's books when I was little so I had to make do with library books. I agree with alvina. A lot of people who grew up with his books will probably buy them. Of course even when a child has grown a bit and is reading more complex stories they might still harbor a hidden love for the good Dr's books, and being able to carry them round on an ereader will be a plus for such kids who fear being caught reading a book that is for 'babies.'
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote