View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #491
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by katar View Post
Ok, I have a problem using Kubrick (I'm NOT using a virtual machine!)

I get to the step where it's flashing Diagnostics kernel & partition.

The Kindle itself then restarts and goes into USB drive mode (With the screen stating "Not charging")

When you press "next" and then the "waiting for usb network" goes on and on... (I've waited for about a minute before aborting).

The battery is full (Green when I connect it to the PC, and shows full battery on the screen).

Any idea what went wrong? I'm not savy enough to do it through Linux...
This is... errmm... not normal. Actually totally unexpected.
Seems like your Kindle allowed us to flash the diags kernel and partition. And then, when told to start into diags mode, it just decided "ah well, no. I don't want to boot into diags, I'll boot into main mode instead".

Your Kindle seems to be refusing to do what it is programmed to do. This is *not* normal behavior. This shouldn't be happening, period.

The only thing that comes to my mind is to try again, or to check the USB cable for defects. I just can't believe that you own the one and only Kindle which refuses to boot into diags mode when told so by the boot loader.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote