View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popup View Post
OK, I played a bit more.

I charged the battery with 400mA for a couple of hours, then disconnected it and left it overnight. This morning it still showed 4.15V.

I plugged it back in the kindle and the green LED lit up. It booted and went all the way to the 'home screen'! The battery indicator showed 'full' and everything looked OK. Then I picked it up to reassemble the back, and it froze.
Sorry for asking an obvious question, only asking because sometimes the obvious gets over-looked . . . .

You did use the two "washer like" bits of formed metal between the battery and the battery's screw hubs?

They are more than just "spacers", they make a ground connection between the board's ground plane and the back of the display frame.

It looks as if that connection could be very intermittent if they where not used, enough to shift when the device was picked up.

- - - - or - - - -

question: "Dr., Dr., It hurts right here when I press hard!"
ans: "So don't press there!"
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote