View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
lar3ry
Enthusiast
lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo WiFi and Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nila View Post
Launching when they know they are in the middle of having serious firmware issues just seems like an incredibly stupid move to me.
I agree! Did they really think the result would be different?

Quote:
Despite all the bugs reported on this site, I LOVE my Kobo Touch and am SOOO glad I bought it.
Another pont of agreement. I would read very little without it. Paper books are just way too awkward.

Quote:
I really think this site at the moment is making the Touch sound FAR worse than it is. Everyone is complaining about everything whereas in actual fact, its a good, simple, stable reader overall that is just going through a rough patch right now.
Well, here's where we disagree. I don't think we (the collective 'we' on this site) are making it sound worse than it is. Yes, it's a good, simple, stable, reader, but not, apparently, when it is running the most recent upgrade, or at least for many folks. I don't see nearly as many folks complaining about previous releases, and I don't see many saying it's not a good reader.

I find it good, stable, and simple, while running 1.9.17, and a LOT more user-friendly when running that release with the plugin to get the advertising off the front page.

Valid complaints about problems are not 'negativity', and neither are valid complaints about the company.

For a mind-boggling example of the latter, have a look on http://www.getsatisfaction.com and see the response to user "Andrew". He asked when an upgrade might be out for his Kobo WiFi, and the response asked him to open a ticket! Unbelievable!
lar3ry is offline   Reply With Quote