View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:55 AM   #74
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Good engineering is about the best result and quality, not about the highest profit!
Engineering means finding a solution. Therefore ALWAYS the functionality has priority and afterwards the design, the form.
So to me it seems you have no clue what engineering is.
You see, in our business (industrial machinery) I have seen companies with superior engineering go bankrupt one by one. Products that are well engineered are often too costly, the additional benefits that a customer gets from a great product over a "good enough" product are not enough. The is no payback for the extra cost.

What really matters is sales. What good is the perfect product when nobody wants to buy it? Marketing people have to make the final decisions on products, the focus must be on "what can I sell at what price". Engineers that try to be artists striving for perfection have ruined many a good company. If gimmicks are what sells, engineers HAVE TO design gimmicks.

Last edited by HansTWN; 03-25-2012 at 03:57 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote