View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunami88 View Post
Theoretically couldn't we just print a page to PDF then convert it with Calibre?

This is something I've been meaning to try out. You'd probably get stuck with some ads, but that way you could keep the comments section, couldn't you?
Yes, you can. But you should avoid PDF. If you just saved in HTML and then converted to EPUB, the result would be much nicer than the PDF conversion.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this post. But after some thinking, I believe the advantage of this system is you can use the Calibre fetch news function to automatically aggregate all the individual pages you 'bookmark'.

So rather then manually saving, converting, and transferring each article to the Kobo manually, you get a RSS feed type thing that is automated.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote