View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Finally some common sense. What a stupid rule. How much interference can a Kindle in airplane mode actually cause? Less than the static electricity from rubbing your pants legs together, that's how much.

I usually just keep reading my kindle during takeoffs and landings, and if I perceive a flight attendant approaching just act like I'm only holding it. I can attest that doing so has caused exactly zero of the planes I've been on to go down in a ball of fire.
But how many that do use a Kindle do not put it in airplane mode? My 650 is safe as it doesn't have WiFi or 3G. But the Kindle less so as it can have both WiFi and maybe 3G on. Just because you are supposed to turn any electronic device with airplane mode into airplane mode doesn't mean that everybody does so.

I have forgotten to put my phone in airplane mode in the past.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote