View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageraw View Post
thanks kovidgoyal for your prompt advice.

I'd be glad to do what you suggest, though a) I think I tried that before and for some reason I had to re-install the package provided by Ubuntu (conversion wouldn't work on the official calibre package), b) it's the first time I've been unable to convert AZW3 books on the 0.8.70 version. I've just converted two other AZW3 books no problem...

Sorry I'm confused. Why do you think I should replace Calibre?
Because the Ubuntu Distro are weeks out of date when each Distro is released. (Don't waste your time with this on any Ubuntu ugrade)

Uninstall with Synaptic, the run the command line (copy and paste into a console window) on the Calibre Linux download page.

Note: The you will need to use this same Commandline for any Calibre update you choose to install. No need to uninstall the previous Commandline version (Synaptic no longer effects these installs).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote