View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #74
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
There's just no way the iPad will be as good as an e-ink device for outdoors reading. If you expect to be reading outdoors frequently, then an e-ink device is the way to go (like the Kindle)..

90% of my reading is in-doors and I have no problems looking at LCD screens for long periods, so the iPad will be fine for me.
Same, except probably 99.9% of my reading is indoors.

I'm not sold on the iPad yet, but not because of the screen. I mainly want a tablet for stylus markup/highlight so I'll have to see how 3rd party apps and a capacitive stylus end up working on that front.

My girlfriend is very interested in one for pdf/academic reading and doesn't care about markup, so maybe she'll get one and I'll have a good chance to play around with one then.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote