View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #65
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Not just the screen but the form factor restrict how long and where I can read.
Yeah, form factor is the main reason I don't do much reading on my laptop. The LED screen doesn't bother my eyes (same with my LED desktop monitor at work).

I stare at them for hours reading stuff online, writing and other work etc. and don't have too much eye fatigue issues.

The laptop just isn't comfortable to curl up and read a novel on, or read a research study, like my Kindle, a real book, or print out is.

So I don't think I'd have much issue reading on something like the iPad. Plus, unlike the guy above I'm not reading for 8 hours etc. Usually 30-60 minutes in any one stretch, so that helps as well.

I love my Kindle, but more for the convenience of e-books in general than the screen. The long battery life is the main perk of the screen for me, as it is nice to just have to charge it every couple of weeks.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote