View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
If MacMillan sells direct to readers, then they can set whatever price they want. But so far this all sounds to me like they simply want to force retailers to charge the readers whatever price MacMillan tells them to charge-then the retailers will take the brunt of the complaints because it's obvious to me that MacMillan won't respond to people who don't buy directly from them. (And it's also obvious, to me, that once MacMillan does get control of prices they'll stop producing those $5.99 books. since 'carrying' charges are so low for ebooks, they don't have any excess stock to get rid of-and therefore no incentive to lower prices over time.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote