View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogus View Post
What do you mean by "launch the desired viewer"? Would I plug the Kindle to my PC and view Kindle (DRMed?) files? Or is this a Kindle application that would allow viewing currently non-supported file types on the Kindle? Or is this a browser to list the Kindle content on the Kindle? Or is this a browser to list Kindle content on the PC?
It will substitute the current Kindle file manager allowing folder view and folder sort (I will try to mimic the current content browse). And when user "click" on one book I will call the right viewer. Kindle programs are independent: one to view azk files, and so (AFAIK, I´ve not tested yet). This approach will allow in the future there might be other formats viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogus View Post
I'm a Windows guy who is learning Linux (Slackware, Centos, Debian) as we speak. I do Python and Java programming and I really want to learn C/C++ (suggestions? books? video courses?).
C is not C++. If you want to learn C and C++ first learn C++ and then C. Trust someone who brings 20 years programming in C and C++. C and C++ is learnt programming. The best book I've found ever to learn C++ is the last Stroustrup one: Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote