View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs View Post
I want to emphasize one thing. You have to reverse engineer anything only if you want to slightly modify existing Kindle Java UI.
All low-level hw access is done through standard Linux interfaces, and full Linux source code is available. Kindle is not a locked platform so you can easily replace all firmware with your own, however this is really a big task, and frankly, Kindle hw is not very impressive to justify such an effort (at least for me).
My problem here is I'm not a Java developer and I don't want to be one. However, as I can read in your responses, Kindle practically only have the kernel and the minimum libraries to get working java and all is done with java...

In relation to 4th question I din't know scp to copy via network connection (), then my big and one of my main problems is solved... However, dealing directly with framebuffer seems a lot of low level stuff... Perhaps svgalib or other graphical lib could be compiled for Kindle.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote