Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #76
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Finished charging this replacement Glo last night at 6:00 PM and immediately put it to sleep, with WiFi off. This morning at 9:00 AM, it's at 72%

I put only 2 books on it when I received it (after updated the firmware.) Opened the active one, scrolled past the credits and TOC to the first page of chapter one, then put it to sleep. I might add that I read this same book on my Sony, and it caused no problems at all.

Very disconcerting, but I'm going to wait a few more days before contacting Kobo again.
Sad faced smiley indeed! So the book is "open" while the Glo slept for the night. Have you looked at the chapter structure of the book? Despite jusmee's insights I still believe the book can influence battery drainage. Larger books also cause the battery to drain faster than smaller books.

Still, 28% drop is ridiculous How many cycles has the battery had now? Perhaps the drop will get slower now that it's lower, coinciding with the non-linear gauge theory.

On another note: haven't heard back from Kobo yet! I contacted them twice last week about bad books and got responses with a day... it's been 2.5 days now. I'm still patient though.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote